ULTA Beauty - Your Order Has Been Cancelled

After placing an order two days ago with Ulta Beauty.com, I just received this email:

"Your Order has been Cancelled
Dear Valued ULTA.com Guest,

Thank you for your order with ULTA.com. Unfortunately, your order was unable to be processed at this time and has been cancelled. This may have been due to the item(s) on your order being out of stock when it was fulfilled. Your account will not be charged and any pending holds that you may see on your account will drop off within 72 business hours. At this time ULTA.com does not have a backorder process but if you are still interested in ordering the items you may place a new order.

We are sorry for any inconvenience and hope that you will allow us the opportunity to serve your beauty needs in the future.

Sincerely,
ULTA Guest Service"

I am not impressed, to say the least. When a product is displayed on a website, it's understood that it's 'available' unless it states otherwise. Obviously there inventory control software program is not working and I have the feeling I won't be the only one out there receiving this email. How can an order be 'fulfilled' if there are no items available to begin with?!

My customer service complaint is that I'm not getting my product and I won't be getting my 20% off as the Ulta Beauty coupon expires tomorrow. They never offered a substitute, never emailed or telephoned, except to say that my order was cancelled - very poor customer service overall.

I'm also not sure about ordering from Ulta Beauty again because I don't see anything in place that will prevent this exact scenario from happening again.

This time give hugs to me instead,
My Favorite Things.